Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun with dirt

I spent most of Saturday outside digging in the dirt to plant tulip and daffodil bulbs. Mom and Chris wouldn't let me use the big shovel, so I dug with the little shovel. It took forever. I decapitated many worms.

Sunday I had my 3 oldest friends over to the new house. I was drooled on by little Beatrice (5 months old) who had no trouble eating my fingers but WAILED when I tried to hold her. I declined an invitation to learn how to change a diaper; I do not want to learn until the very last minute. Chris has more experience than me - he changed a diaper at least once before.

Sunday I also learned many things:
1) baby does not like breakfast sausage
2) baby likes squash and dried out pulled pork
3) baby somehow got me to start eating asparagus

I have dandruff for the first time in 20 years and I broke out into hives or a rash all around my neckline. Where is that maternity "glow" I keep hearing about?

Current craving: Tuna salad with egg, mayo and bread and butter pickle.

No comments: