Thursday, October 16, 2008

Small plum!

Today is 8 weeks and my baby is the size of a small plum. S/he went from pea to medium black olive to small plum. I believe next week is a large lime.

I will post all weird cravings as they happen-ish. Monday was mashed potatoes, easily remedied by KFC. Tuesday was fried chicken (when I drove down 70 through downtown, it smelled like blackened chicken - 3 weeks ago it smelled like fish and 2 weeks ago it smelled like doughnuts). Yesterday I really wanted a corn dog (no hot dogs for me, wah!). This morning I wanted toast with butter and jelly. But who is to say that these are actually new cravings or that I just feel more inclined to obey them now that I have an excuse?

Chris is adorable and extremely helpful. It's hard not to be infuriated at this boost of chivalry, but nice to have an excuse not to carry the laundry basket or bring in groceries. I need to seal my driveway and my deck stairs, does anyone need some extra cash? I'm not allowed to perform such labor intensive tasks, and Chris denies any knowledge of handy-man tasks.

Now when we go places Daddy says stuff like "this is baby's first trip to the grocery store", without realizing that baby made his first trip many places before we realized that there was a baby. He's so very excited and has great big plans (he's talking about investing, yikes!). I couldn't be happier by his attitude or support.


Here's that picture so I don't have to keep sending it around through email.


I still want some toast, can anyone get me a piece of toast????

1 comment:

sara said...

A) A hot dog will not hurt you or baby baer. A whole package at once, yes. One hot dog, corn dog, or other processed meat product, no. Eat it or you will be frustrated the entire pregnancy.
B) No soft cheeses!
C) Awwwww, Chris is so schmoopy!